Pakistan’s first online antiques shop. Learn more
ITT – SL500 TAPE RECORDER (RSG 523)
• Country: Austria
• Manufacturer / Brand: ITT Schaub-Lorenz Wien
• Year: 1982
• Main principle: Audio-Amplification
• Details: Cassette-Recorder or –Player
• Power type and voltage: Line / Batteries (any type) / 220 / 5 x 1,5 Volt
• Material: Modern plastics (no Bakelite or Catalin)
• Dimensions (WHD): 190 x 50 x 250 mm / 7.5 x 2 x 9.8 inch
Retro Cassette Recorder SL500 brand ITT with built-in microphone. In good working condition. Works both on batteries and on mains power, supplied with power cord. Retractable handle.
The use of magnetic tape for sound recording originated around 1930. Magnet tape revolutionized both the radio broadcast and music recording industries. It gave artists and producers the power to record and re-record audio with minimal loss in quality as well as edit and rearrange recordings with ease. The alternative recording technologies of the era, transcription discs and wire recorders, could not provide anywhere near this level of quality and functionality. Since some early refinements improved the fidelity of the reproduced sound, magnetic tape has been the highest quality analog sound recording medium available. As of the first decade of the 21st century, analog magnetic tape has been largely replaced by digital recording technologies for consumer purposes, although some still record audio by analog.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.