Pakistan’s first online antiques shop. Learn more
KALART VICTOR SERIES 90 (PRJ 043)
The Kalart Company Inc. was headquartered in Plainville, Connecticut. The name came from a peculiar choice of letters, KALman SchwARTz, the father of Morris Schwartz who founded the company. With only an 8th grade education, he invented the Kalart Range Finder in 1936, and went on to hold over 100 patents in the area.
Kalart bought the Victor Animatograph Company of Davenport, Indiana in 1957. (Begun in 1910, the latter company claimed to have made the first 16 mm motion picture projector in 1923, a distinction disputed by Eastman Kodak.) The new company became the Kalart Victor Corporation. Having previously bought the Craig Movie Supply Company which made movie editors, this positioned Kalart Victor well in the motion picture camera and accessories marketplace. In the late 1980’s, the company found itself the last American maker of 16-mm movie projectors, losing market share fast to both Japanese competition and the new videotape technology. In August 1989, the company closed its doors.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.